This page is here to help you getting all the Playstation secrets of Tekken 3. It is now complete, and IMO there will not be more secrets than what you will find on this page. And even if there are, rest asured that they will be put o this page the moment they are known!NB: I know the layout sucks, I'll redo it sometime... --
Secret intros, secret costumes and endings.
Modes precise description and unlock method.
Final word on characters and unlcock method.
Let the party begin!
I... have... the... game... ^_^
Ok, let's do this.
I've been playing the game for about 10 hours now (I can't beleive I actualy got it the
day it came out in japan!), so I'm ready for the first major update.
But first, the quick report; no blah blah, just the info you NEED:
- There are 21 characters in the versus selection screen. I don't think there will be more. Never say never, but I'd kiss Symbiot Jack good bye...
- Secret characters are Time Release AND Finish Released. Meaning that each time you finish the game with one character (standard or TR), you'll get a new one. If you don't do that, they will appear as TR (every 1 or 2 hours I think).
- Here's the order:
Kuma, Julia, Gunjack, Mokujin, Anna, Bryan, Heihachi, Ogre, True Orge (the name's from the records page of the game).
- The modes that are not available at first (Movie and tekken ball) become available when you finish the game with the 10 base chars.
- Ball mode is very strange. You hit a ball, thus charging it, and sending the "damage" to you oponent... All my friends are sleeping now (Right david?! :), so I can only do 1P, but it looks like fun (it's 4:15 in the mornig, and I'm still up to write this report... And I have a class tomorow morning!!).
- Get Gon beating Ball mode (easy).
- Force mode is really nice. For example, if you begin a kick combo on a scrub with Hwoarang, he'll beat the guy, the go on to the next one without getting his leg down! sounds like nothing, but looks GREAT! Also, you don't *lock* on one oponent untill he's dead. You can part from him if you go far. It's just not very safe. Of course, the max number of oponents is 2 at a time...
- Get Boskonovitch beating Force mode (HARD!). I didn't do it myself... I'll do that when I'm off with this first report.
- sound is great, nothing to say. The arange musics are great. A bit... loud, maybe (I have a headache... :)
- Graphics are ALMOST as good as the arcade's. Beleive me, aside from the backgrounds, that are 2D-Boxed as previously reported, you really have to watch CLOSELY to notice a difference. The hands, of course, but that's about it. It really looks Identical to a simple mortal... :)
- Now, here's something strange: beleive it or not, but there are frame drops at some point of the game. For unknown reasons, it looks like the machine is having a hard time in arcade mode (and in arcade mode ALONE, NEVER in VS mode) with some stages or characters. When playing with/against Xiaoyu, so cutoffs often happen in the animation, sometimes quite disturbing. I don't know why, because the same chars/stages will pose no problem in VS mode... Strange. Not totaly awefull, but disturbing... Anyone knows why?
- Aside form that, no noticable failure. I don't know of it's 60 fps, but it sure looks like is is to me. And of course, there's no cliping problem. Overall, I was waiting for a great conversion, I knew it was gonna be, but it's still stunning... :)
And last, but not least, FMV:
- The intro is awsome. I'd say it's not as good as Soul Egde's, but it has some parts that are really great, as Lei runnig, or Nina... (Anyway, you probably already have seen it).
- Most endings suck, with 2 or 3 good ones. I recomend Jin's, Hwoarang's, and Bryan's. Paul's and Law's are totaly ridiculous (IMO). But I don't want to spoil it, so I'll shut up on that.
One more word on the practice mode. It has different variations; FREE (as it says,
define oponent function (stand/crouch/roll... but no attack)), VS CPU (difine dificulty
and lvl), and Combo training (has 10 hits, and a couple of nice juggles for you to
learn...). And the command list only has a part of the moves... Like 10 or 15.
Ok, I think I'm done. I'll update the sections later tonight/tomorow, but I wanted to give the first infos right away. Have fun!
(Later in the day: Dual shock update!)
- Dual shock effect:
Single vibration: Block hit, oponent block hit (includes "hurt" sequences in a throw).
Double vibration: Take hit, hit oponent, fall.
Long simple vabration: Charge, oponent charge.
Long double vibration: Prepare unblockable, oponent prepares unblockable.
I might be wrong on some, but most is there. I might add my oppinion on the feedback: my first impression is that it's no big deal. No need getting a controller just for that. If you already have one, great, it's funny for 10 minutes, then you turn the vibration off...
That's about it. Any more question, please ask.
Patrick - 27/03/98 -
Site Day 2
The site is now Up and Running!
I'm quite content with it, as it has been done in about 5 hours, and is what I wanted it to be: a simple site to get quick reference about the secrets of the PS version of Tekken3. Please feel free to send any comment/suggestion to me, and don't forget to bookmark/come back in the next few days for more precise info.
I think I'll do the next Major update this week end, but I'll brobaly add a few thing untill then.
Oh, and one last thing: if you really need FAQs, TK3 message board or media archive, I should recommend you to go to TK3 obsession site, wich is, IMO, the best overall *not dead* site at the moment. Have fun!
Patrick - 26/03/98 -
Hi to all!
I just took a few minutes to put up this page, so that I can have somewhere to
"advertise" for all the new features the PlayStation version of Tekken 3 will
offer us. I will be getting the baby on 26th or 27th, so it will start then.
It's very small and simple, and is intended to be so; it's just a quick reference page to know what's going on in Tekken's little world, and it will probably go down when all the secrets are revealed.
For now, the page is just an empty bag, with a few pictures only in the news section, but check it again in the next few day, and I'm sure you will discover MANY wonderfull surprises! ^_^
Patrick - 25/03/98 -